Thursday 8 August 2019

Window Frames and Water Pipes


A week and a half without updates! My apologies. Yuko and I haven’t been by the house in nearly two weeks as work schedules were pretty busy and we had a few days braving a massive typhoon over in Hong Kong. Though we are heading over to the house tomorrow for a meeting (about furniture I believe), I realized that I do have some more recent photos so I’ll share those with you all in this post.

When we went to the house two weeks ago, Yuko and I went by ourselves and found that we were able to get inside the blue sheeting to have a nose around inside (the joys of living in such a safe country I guess!). There were a few small changes, here and there, most notably the addition of some wooden squares in the frame into which the windows will soon be installed. It was pretty useful for us to get an idea of the size of the windows in each room but it’s hard to tell how much light then will let in when we have no walls and a huge blue sheet everywhere. I suppose we’ll have to trust the builders there…

I did venture upstairs but the ladder was especially wobbly this time and so Yuko bravely opted not to join me. A few things had been moved around upstairs so I could move about a bit more freely but my enjoyment at wandering around was tempered somewhat by a nagging fear that when I was finished I was going to have to go down the ladder again. The sooner we can get the staircase in, the better.

Some progress has also been made on the outside steps and some new plastic pipes have also appeared. I’m not sure if they are for water, sewage or both. We’ll ask tomorrow.  

Next week is the Obon holiday for which Japan basically shuts down. I’m not sure if that is also going to apply to our construction site, although it seems that there are still a few things planned in the schedule. We won’t be here to check up as we have to go and see the in-laws. I’ll try and take a few more photos tomorrow and get them up early next week. For now, here’s a few I managed to take last week.


water pipes japan construction
New pipes!

water pipes japan construction
Stair construction

water pipes japan construction
The space to the east of our steps. Will be filled in and the wall under the blue sheet (which fell down) rebuilt.

wood window frame japan construction
Our first window frame

wood window frame japan construction
Frame from a distance. This is in the laundry room I believe. The diagonal beam is temporary

wood frame japan construction
Piles and piles of wood upstairs

wood frame japan construction
View across the living room. Balcony is in the LH corner

wood penthouse japan construction
View up the staircase to the penthouse/roof deck 1

wood penthouse japan construction
View up the staircase to the penthouse/roof deck 2

wood washitsu japan construction
The Japanese room, now without piles of wood

wood living room japan construction
Living room area

No comments:

Post a Comment

竣工 - The End :-)

Greetings from our new home! It seems crazy to be saying that but we have finally moved out of our small apartment and are now officially (p...