Monday 22 October 2018

Filling the Void


In the last few weeks we’ve been through various revisions of the plans for our house with the builders and, in truth, there haven’t been many big, exciting changes. As much as I could write a blog post about moving plug sockets and marginal changes to window sizes, I’m not sure that it would make for especially compelling reading.

As such, I was thinking about what to do to fill the void between the detailed but boring planning stages and the start of construction, which should hopefully be only a month or two away now. I don’t want to stop the updates as there has been a lot of positive feedback from readers (we’re at around 5000 page views to date) but also because writing this blog is quite cathartic and has on more than one occasion helped us with actual decision making. Assuming I can keep it up, it will be a nice written and visual record of this process. Perhaps I shall turn it into a shiny coffee-table book when we’re done.

What I’ve decided to do is to write a short piece about each room or feature of the house, each with slightly more detailed plans. That way, we can cover the house in more detail but in more manageable bites. I’ll endeavor to get a post out each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

竣工 - The End :-)

Greetings from our new home! It seems crazy to be saying that but we have finally moved out of our small apartment and are now officially (p...